Thank you for your interest in this website. Before accessing the site or any of the websites below, please read the following terms and conditions carefully as they govern your use of the websites and their content. If you agree with the terms and conditions, click “I agree” at the end of this document. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, Moody’s Investors Service, Inc. (“MIS”), Moody’s Analytics, Inc. and their affiliates (collectively, “Moody’s”) cannot grant you the right to use the content on any of the websites below. A complete list of Moody’s group affiliates is available on www.moodys.com.
By clicking “I AGREE” at the end of this document, you indicate that you understand and intend these terms and conditions to be the legal equivalent of a signed, written contract and equally binding, and that you accept such terms and conditions and agree to be legally bound by them.
This agreement (the “User Agreement”) governs the following websites operated by Moody’s:
(collectively, the “Site”).
The Site is owned and operated by Moody’s. This User Agreement contains the terms, covenants, conditions, and provisions upon which you (“You” or “User”) may access and use the Site and thee content, including (without limitation) the ratings and other opinions, displayed on the Site. This agreement was last updated on November 22, 2010.
Terms and Conditions
2. Intellectual Property Rights. All material contained on the Site, unless otherwise indicated, is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, and trademark law, as well as other state, national, and international laws and regulations. The Site, its content, layout and design are the exclusive property of Moody’s or its licensors and, except as expressly provided herein, Moody’s does not grant any express or implied right in any such materials to you. In particular and without limitation, Moody’s owns the copyright in the Site as a collective work and/or compilation, any and all databases accessible on the Site, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of the content of the Site. Moody’s, Moody’s Investors Service, Moody’s Analytics, and all other names, logos, and icons identifying Moody’s and/or Moody’s products and services are proprietary marks of Moody’s or its licensors. Third-party trademarks displayed on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
5. Assumption of Risk. You use the Internet solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. While Moody’s has endeavored to create a secure and reliable website, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from this Site over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Moody’s and Moody’s licensors and suppliers are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Site, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. Moody’s and Moody’s licensors and suppliers shall have no liability for interruptions or omissions in Internet, network or hosting services. You assume the sole and complete risk of using the Site.
6. Enforcing Security. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of any of the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. For your protection, Moody’s reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Site without notice or further permission from you, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with the investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on any of the Site. Moody’s will also comply with all court orders involving requests for such information.
7. Links to Other Websites. Moody’s may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other websites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating related information and services. These websites have not necessarily been reviewed by Moody’s and are maintained by third parties over which Moody’s exercises no control. Accordingly, Moody’s expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, the quality of products or services provided by or advertised on and/or software downloaded from these third-party websites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement of any third party or any website or the products or services provided by any third party.
8. Events Beyond Moody’s Control. You expressly absolve and release Moody’s and Moody’s licensors and suppliers from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond their control, including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, terrorism or governmental restrictions.
9. Disclosures. MIS hereby discloses that most issuers of debt securities (including corporate and municipal bonds, debentures, notes and commercial paper) and preferred stock rated by Moody’s have, prior to assignment of any rating, agreed to pay to Moody’s for the appraisal and rating services rendered by it fees ranging from $1,500 to $2,400,000. Moody's Corporation (“MCO”) and its wholly-owned credit rating agency subsidiary, MIS also maintain policies and procedures to address the independence of MIS's ratings and rating processes. Information regarding certain affiliations that may exist between directors of MCO and rated entities, and between entities who hold ratings from MIS and have also publicly reported to the SEC an ownership interest in MCO of more than 5%, is posted annually on Moody's website at www.moodys.com under the heading "Shareholder Relations -- Corporate Governance -- Director and Shareholder Affiliation Policy."
10. DISCLAIMERS. Moody’s obtains all information furnished on the Site from sources believed by it to be accurate and reliable. You expressly agree that (a) the credit ratings and other opinions provided via the Site are, and will be construed solely as, statements of opinion of the relative future credit risk (as defined below) of entities, credit commitments, or debt or debt-like securities and not statements of current or historical fact as to credit worthiness, investment or financial advice, recommendations regarding credit decisions or decisions to purchase, hold or sell any securities, endorsements of the accuracy of any of the data or conclusions, or attempts to independently assess or vouch for the financial condition of any company; (b) the credit ratings and other credit opinions provided via the Site do not address any other risk, including but not limited to liquidity risk, market value risk or price volatility; (c) the credit ratings and other opinions provided via the Site do not take into account your personal objectives, financial situations or needs; (d) each rating or other opinion will be weighed, if at all, solely as one factor in any investment or credit decision made by or on behalf of you; and (e) you will accordingly make your own study and evaluation of each credit decision or security, and of each issuer and guarantor of, and each provider of credit support for, each security or credit that you may consider purchasing, holding, selling, or providing. Further, you expressly agree that any tools or information made available on the Site are not a substitute for the exercise of independent judgment and expertise. You should always seek the assistance of a professional for advice on investments, tax, the law, or other professional matters. For purposes of this paragraph, Moody’s defines “credit risk” as the risk that an entity may not meet its contractual, financial obligations as they come due and any estimated financial loss in the event of default.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL MOODY’S OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF THE LOSS OF PRESENT OR PROSPECTIVE PROFITS, EXPENDITURES, INVESTMENTS OR COMMITMENTS, WHETHER MADE IN THE ESTABLISHMENT, DEVELOPMENT OR MAINTENANCE OF BUSINESS REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, FOR LOSS OF DATA, COST OF SUBSTITUTE MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION, COST OF CAPITAL, AND THE CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF MOODY’S OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MOODY’S AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES BASED ON YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT.
12. Submissions. Moody’s also welcomes your feedback and suggestions about how to improve this Site. Any ideas, suggestions, information, know-how, material, or any other content (collectively, “Submissions”) received through this Site, however, will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license for Moody’s to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, display, (in whole or part) worldwide, or act on such Submissions without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such Submissions. You hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
13. Export Restrictions. No software or any other materials associated with this Site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported to countries or persons prohibited under relevant export control laws, including, without limitation, countries against which the United States has embargoed goods, or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. You are responsible for compliance with the laws of your local jurisdiction regarding the import, export, or re-export of any such materials. By using and/or downloading any such materials from this Site, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country to which such import, export, or re-export is prohibited or are not a person or entity to which such export is prohibited.
14. QIB Notification. Portions of this Site were created in order to enable "qualified institutional buyers," as defined in Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933 ("QIBs"), to analyze data made available by issuers to QIBs in securities offerings and in the QIB secondary market. These data may or may not otherwise be publicly available. If you choose to access such QIB information on the Site (“QIB Information”), you hereby acknowledge and agree that (a) you must be a QIB to access the QIB Information, (b) the QIB Information contained on this Site may only be available to QIBs, (c) you will not transmit or use any such QIB Information in violation of the federal securities laws, and (d) you represent and warrant to Moody's (on behalf of yourself or your organization) that you have such knowledge and experience in financial and business matters so that you are capable of evaluating the merits and risks of the securities for which QIB Information has been made available by the issuers, and utilize effectively the software, products and/or data provided by Moody's as an analytical tool to assist in any such evaluation. You also confirm that you are solely responsible for performing your own evaluation of any such securities, and with respect to QIB Information made available by issuers to QIBs in securities offerings and in the QIB secondary market, Moody's does not make any recommendations as to whether to buy, sell or hold any such securities or as to the usefulness of its software, products, and data to you for purposes of making any such evaluation.
21. CUSIP Database. You agree and acknowledge that the CUSIP Database and the information contained therein is and shall remain valuable intellectual property owned by, or licensed to, Standard & Poor’s CUSIP Service Bureau ("CSB") and the American Bankers Association ("ABA"), and that no proprietary rights are being transferred to you in such materials or in any of the information contained therein. Any use by you outside of the clearing and settlement of transactions requires a license from CSB, along with an associated fee based on usage. You agree that misappropriation or misuse of such materials will cause serious damage to CSB and ABA, and that in such event money damages may not constitute sufficient compensation to CSB and ABA; consequently, you agree that in the event of any misappropriation or misuse, CSB and ABA shall have the right to obtain injunctive relief in addition to any other legal or financial remedies to which CSB and ABA may be entitled. You agree that you shall not publish or distribute in any medium the CUSIP Database or any information contained therein or summaries or subsets thereof to any person or entity except in connection with the normal clearing and settlement of security transactions. You further agree that the use of CUSIP numbers and descriptions is not intended to create or maintain, and does not serve the purpose of the creation or maintenance of, a master file or database of CUSIP descriptions or numbers for itself or any third party recipient of such service and is not intended to create and does not serve in any way as a substitute for the CUSIP MASTER TAPE, PRINT, DB, INTERNET, ELECTRONIC, CD-ROM Services and/or any other future services developed by the CSB.
NEITHER CSB, ABA NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE CUSIP DATABASE. ALL SUCH MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE NOR WITH RESPECT TO THE RESULTS WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS. NEITHER CSB, ABA NOR THEIR AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS NOR SHALL THEY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF CSB, ABA OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES PURSUANT TO ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE FEE PAID BY YOU FOR ACCESS TO SUCH MATERIALS IN THE MONTH IN WHICH SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS ALLEGED TO HAVE ARISEN. FURTHERMORE, CSB AND ABA SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR DELAYS OR FAILURES DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THEIR CONTROL.
You agree that the foregoing terms and conditions shall survive any termination of your rights of access to the materials identified above.
22. Australia. Any publication into Australia on this Site is by Moody’s affiliate, Moody’s Investors Service Pty Limited, ABN 61 003 399 657, which holds Australian Financial Services License no. 336969. This document is intended to be provided only to “wholesale clients” within the meaning of section 761G of the Corporations Act 2001. By continuing to access, browse or use this Site from within Australia, you represent to Moody’s that you are, or are accessing the Site as a representative of, a “wholesale client” and that neither you nor the entity you represent will directly or indirectly disseminate any content from this Site to “retail clients” within the meaning of section 761G of the Corporations Act 2001.
7 World Trade Center at 250 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10007