Corporate Social Responsibility
A Message from Raymond McDaniel, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, Moody’s Corporation
Moody's commitment to our communities encompasses our businesses, philanthropy activities and employee engagement programs, touching on all three components of the triple bottom line. They enrich the lives of the people of Moody’s, the people of the communities where we live and work and the people of the world. Employees are encouraged and rewarded for their personal philanthropy and volunteerism.
We are proud to report that most of our employees world-wide participate in a company sponsored volunteer event as well as engage in volunteerism on their own. This impressive response from our people has both external and internal rewards.
Through the Moody’s TeamUp®
program, individual volunteering, as well as our skills based volunteering and nonprofit board service programs, Moody's employees actively engage with each other and their communities. This strengthens and enhances relationships, improves neighborhoods, and demonstrates our company's corporate citizenship with the power of good deeds.
We thank all of our employee volunteers for the impact they are making in the communities in which we work and live.
||Raymond W. McDaniel, Jr.|
President and Chief Executive Officer
Moody's Commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
As a global company active in financial markets around the world, it is our belief that Moody’s Corporation has a responsibility to our stakeholders as well as to the communities where we live and work. Our commitment is built on the deeply ingrained sense of social responsibility among our employees and the recognition that our company grows stronger by helping to advance local communities, business practices and individual lives around the world.
Our social investment is wide-reaching and includes:
- Valuing Our People
- Advancing Diversity
- Developing Our Global Community
- Contributing to Economic Development
- Managing Our Business
- Caring for the Environment
- Respecting Human Rights
Corporate Social Responsibility Reports
Moody’s Environmental & Sustainability Policy
Moody's Corporation is committed to doing our part to protect and care for the environments in which we live and work.
This commitment is demonstrated by the continuous development and implementation of practical and effective corporate policies and programs that support the more efficient use of natural resources and reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment. These programs and policies include, where feasible, the reduction and elimination of waste through re-use, recovery and recycling. As part of these efforts, Moody’s is committed to reducing its global operations’ contribution to climate change. Our environmental programs are structured to minimize the impact on our greenhouse gas emissions to the extent possible.
Moody’s Corporation recognizes that our environmental impacts are limited and include greenhouse gas emissions (from energy used in buildings and for transport), water use and waste (from office operations). Nonetheless, we are committed to minimizing the impact of our operations and services on the environment by:
- Complying with the letter and spirit of all relevant environmental legislation
- Establishing applicable corporate environmental goals and objectives which will be reviewed and revised as necessary on an ongoing basis
- Minimizing the environmental risks to our employees and the communities in which we operate
- Using various communications channels to ensure that our employees are aware of environmental concerns and the impact of their activities on the environment, and to encourage them to minimize these impacts
- Adopting a purchasing program that takes into consideration the environmental practices of potential suppliers and contractors
- Seeking to reduce internal and client-facing travel whenever practical
- Where possible, consider “green” building choices or, at a minimum, those that provide the efficient use of energy and materials when selecting new office locations.
- Reducing, and where possible eliminating, waste through re-use, recovery and recycling by participating in building-wide conservation efforts for water and energy conservation
- Tracking and reporting the results our efforts annually in our Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Participating annually in the Carbon Disclosure Project
- Ensuring that our policy is available for public review and is communicated to employees to increase their awareness of environmental concerns and to further encourage them to minimize the impact they have on the environment.
Our commitment is demonstrated by the continuous development and implementation of practical and effective corporate policies and programs that support the more efficient use of natural resources and reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment. The implementation of these policies and programs is the responsibility of Timothy Brosnan, Senior Vice President, Global Real Estate.
Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures – Recommendations
The Financial Stability Board established the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) to develop recommendations for more effective climate-related disclosures that: a) could “promote more informed investment, credit, and insurance underwriting decisions” and b) in turn, “would enable stakeholders to understand better the concentrations of carbon-related assets in the financial sector and the financial system’s exposures to climate-related risks.”
Moody’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) have signed statements of support for the recommendations put forward by TCFD in June 2017. Moody’s has implemented the recommendation as follows
India Corporate Social Responsibility Policies