Do I need to register to use this site?
- You do not need to register to access certain areas of Moodys.com, such as Products & Solutions or Moody's Corporation site. To access other information, such as ratings, you will first need to self-register.
What does Moody's do with my personal information?
Once I register, what can I access?
- As an esteemed self-registered user, you can look up ratings on over 170,000 business entities and read in-depth details on rating actions published within the last seven days. Access to our in-depth research or to our analytic products is available to clients only. If you are interested in becoming a client, please go to the Contact Us page to speak to a client representative nearest you.
What if I forget my username or password?
- If you forget your username and password, click the 'forgot username or password' link on the home page or on the login page.
What if my username and password isn't recognized?
- Passwords are case-sensitive; be sure to enter capital and lowercase letters where necessary. If you still encounter problems with your password, you can reset it by clicking on the 'forgot username or password' link on the home page or on the login page. If you username is not recognized or if you are having issues with your password after resetting it, please go to Contact Us and speak with a client services representative nearest you.
- In order to view all of the content on Moodys.com, your system must meet the following requirements:Browser must be Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, or Mozilla Firefox (any version)Java Script must be enabledLatest version of Flash Player must be installed (click here to download the latest version)Latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed (click here to download the latest version)If your system meets these requirements and you are still having difficulty viewing reports or any other site content, please visit Contact Us and speak with your local client services representative.
About This Site
What can I find on this web site?
- Moody's provides a broad range of information to the global capital markets. Our services include current ratings information, in-depth research, and analytical tools that are useful to investors around the world.
Can I access Moody's ratings without being a client?
- Yes, you can look up ratings without being a paying client, once you have registered with us. However, to access certain reports and analysis, you must be a client.
What services are publicly available, and what are available to clients only?
- Ratings and basic information about the credits that Moody's rates are publicly available to all site visitors. The text of recent rating actions is also publicly available, as well as ratings lists and watchlists.
Paying clients can search our database for ratings and research on thousands of Corporates, Sovereign, Municipal, and Structured Finance entities. Clients can also find special reports and in-depth analysis on areas related to credit risk.
Can I set up a portfolio on this site to monitor securities?
- Yes. A portfolio feature with email notification is a part of the suite of services available to clients of the Global Credit Research program. Clients have the ability to add up to 1000 credits to up to 100 total entity and security portfolios and receive an email notification when new research is published about any of those credits.
Are Moody's ratings or research recommendations to buy or sell securities?
- No, our ratings and research are statements of opinion, and not statements of fact or recommendations to buy, sell, or hold securities.
Please see our Rating Definitions section to understand more about what ratings mean and how they are used.