After a tumultuous decade, the US housing and housing finance markets have settled into a new state in recent years. Low home ownership and interest rates, limited single family construction, unresolved housing finance reform, strong mortgage credit quality and home price appreciation have all become features of the environment. In doing so, their coexistence defies many historical and expected trends.
However, change lies ahead. The only sure thing about the current recovery and economic expansion is when, not if, conditions will shift. Meanwhile, policy makers are increasingly re-evaluating and further moderating their responses to the financial crisis, and the credit box is loosening.
Policy experts, senior industry leaders, and Moody’s analysts from various ratings groups engaged in housing will bring you insights to the trends and issues to help better assess the uncertain future.
Among the discussion items are:
• What risks are being under-appreciated after a period of low rates and volatility and a pause in regulatory changes?
• Which policy reforms and disruptive innovations are having a real impact on the housing and housing finance markets? How will tax reform affect the housing market?
• How much further will credit availability expand, or is there a tightening over the horizon?
• How will rising interest rates and supply/demand dynamics impact home prices amid falling affordability?
Featured speakers will include:
• Mark Zandi, Chief Economist, Moody’s Analytics
• John Burns, Chief Executive Officer, John Burns Real Estate Consulting; author of Big Shifts Ahead: Demographic Clarity for Businesses
• Eric Kaplan, Director, Housing Finance Program, Milken Institute – Center for Financial Markets
• David Singelyn, Chief Executive Officer, American Homes 4 Rent
• Bryan Sullivan, Chief Financial Officer, loanDepot
• Hazim Taib, Chief Financial Officer, Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
• Douglas C. Yearley, Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Toll Brothers
Moody’s Housing and Housing Finance Conference provides a unique platform to network and to have an intelligent conversation around these critical topics.
For full agenda, please click here. Registration for this event is required. Please follow this link to register.