Moody's is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Insurance Summit, which will take place on Wednesday 22 May 2019 in London.
09:00 – 09:15 Welcome Address
Colin Holmes, Managing Director - Head of Insurance Solutions, Moody’s Analytics
09:15 – 10:00 Opening Keynote Presentation: The future of pension provision
Sir Steven John Webb, Director of Policy and External Communications, Royal London
Steve Webb, Director of Policy at Royal London and former UK pensions minister, will review the pensions landscape and how it is likely to evolve in the coming years. Topics will include:
- pensions and tax
- consolidation in the pensions market
- pensions and the changing labour market
- potential disruptors to established models of provision
10:00– 10:30 Presentation: Sovereign credit risk in uncertain times
- Economic growth: in a weakening global economy, where do we see particular areas of fragility?
- Political risks remain central: an update on Brexit, trade tensions, political noise in Europe
- How are sovereign ratings evolving against this backdrop?
Sarah Carlson, Senior Vice President, Moody’s Investors Service
10:30 – 11:15 Panel Discussion: How macro trends and technology are transforming the existing business models?
- How are insurers adapting to the low interest rate and low growth environment?
- Is technology revolutionising business models or is just scratching the surface?
- Will M&A accelerate insurers’ transformation?
Moderator: Simon Harris, Managing Director – Global Insurance and Managed Investments, Moody’s Investors Service
Ofir Eyal, Partner & Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group
Graeme Lewis, Head Insurance Europe, HSBC
Owen Morris, Managing Director, Aviva Quantum
11:15 – 11:45 Networking Break
11:45 – 12:25 Will illiquid assets continue to flow in insurers’ portfolio?
- What types of illiquid assets are insurers investing in?
- Asset allocation to illiquid assets across Europe
- Why insurers invest and will continue to invest in illiquid assets
- Risks associated with illiquid assets
Moderator: Brian Robinson, Senior Director – Product Management, Moody’s Analytics
Benjamin Serra, Senior Vice President, Moody’s Investors Service
Gavin Conn, Director, Research, Moody’s Analytics
12:25-13:15 Panel Discussion: How IFRS 17 will revolutionise accounting and transform stakeholder views
- What is the new insurance accounting standard trying to achieve and how are stakeholders likely to react
- Is IFRS 17 just an accounting change or will it influence the way companies are managed
- How ready are insurers to comply with IFRS 17 by 2022 and what are the key challenges and opportunities they face
Moderator: Massimiliano Neri, Director – Business Development , IFRS 17 Lead, Moody’s Analytics
Steven Morrison, Senior Director – Research, Moody’s Analytics
Claudia Gaspari, Equity Analyst, Barclays
Helena Kingsley-Tomkins, AVP – Analyst, Moody’s Investors Service
13:15-14:00 Strengthen your fundamental credit analysis with Moody’s CreditView
We invite you to join our workshop to discover how Moody's CreditView can facilitate your fundamental credit analysis and what is coming soon for Insurance data and metrics.
Presented by Moody’s Analytics
14:15-15:00 European Insurance Credit Trends: Interactive Q&A with Moody’s senior analysts
Discussion covering a wide range of topics affecting the EMEA insurance sector including (re)insurance cycles, M&A, Brexit, and more
Moderator: Antonello Aquino, Associate Managing Director, Moody’s Investors Service
Dominic Simpson, Vice President – Senior Credit Officer, Moody’s Investors Service
Brandan Holmes, Vice President – Senior Credit Officer, Moody’s Investors Service
15:00-15:45 Closing keynote presentation
Dimitris Zafeiris, Head of Risks and Financial Stability Department, EIOPA
Simon Harris, Managing Director – Global Insurance and Managed Investments, Moody’s Investors Service
Registration for this event is required.
Please register early for this event to avoid disappointment, a waiting list will be implemented once full capacity is reached.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
If you have a press inquiry please follow this link.